38 Companies To Participate In Startup Accelerator Programs Across Atlantic Canada
Propel ICT, Atlantic Canada’s startup accelerator today announced the successful entrepreneurs who have been chosen to participate in its next round of startup accelerator programs, beginning March 1.
For over 10 years, Propel ICT has been driving the growth of Atlantic Canada’s growing startup industry, delivering mentorship, training and networking opportunities through its two accelerator programs, Launch and Build. The Launch program takes entrepreneurs through the early stages of startup life – validating and developing a concept, and launching a business. The Build program is developed for more established startups. Held in Moncton, New Brunswick in collaboration with our partner, Venn Innovations, Build draws companies from across Atlantic Canada that have earned initial market traction and are ready to scale and take their business to market internationally.
Thanks to a steady increase in demand, Propel is now offering its accelerator programming twice annually. This year also marks the first time Propel has brought its innovative Launch program to Prince Edward Island.
For its latest round of applications, 162 companies applied to join one of Propel’s programs – a 25 per cent increase in applicants over last year. Of these 162, 56 entrepreneurs and their teams were invited to attend our selection camps across Atlantic Canada, where they pitched their ideas or early-stage businesses to a panel of judges from across the private sector.
Propel CEO Anita Punamiya says she’s excited to welcome the new cohort.
“The team at Propel jointly with the community partners have done a great job at attracting a record number of applicants. We would like to thank our mentors who have helped the team select the new cohort for the Launch and Build programs by participating in the selection Camps held in the different cities. We look forward to working with the entrepreneurs as they build their ideas into successful businesses."
Now the results are in and Propel can announce the entrepreneurs who will make up our next cohort:
- Phased / Sydney, NS
- TotalPave / Fredericton, NB
- WellTrack / Fredericton, NB
- Ella Online Marketplace Inc. / Saint John, NB
- Garago Software / Moncton, NB
- Repable / Moncton, NB & Toronto, ON
- WoodsCamp / Lunenburg, NS
- MouseStats / Halifax, NS
- OnSet Communication / Charlottetown, PE
Launch Cohort / Halifax:
- ElevateAtlantic / Halifax, NS
- Swell Advantage / Halifax, NS
- Backdrop / Halifax, NS
- Athlyst / Halifax, NS
- B-Line / Halifax, NS
- My Connex / Halifax, NS Efficiency
- Properties / Halifax, NS
Launch Cohort / Fredericton:
- Ready Pass Services / Fredericton, NB
- Smart NBS Solutions / Fredericton, NB
- Be Ready / Sussex, NB
- 360 Hockey / Dieppe, NB
- Yimbie / Saint John, NB
- Featured / Fredericton, NB
- Provincial Pack / Saint John, NB
Launch Cohort / St. John’s
- Power HV Inc. / St. John’s, NL
- DuJour / St. John’s, NL
- miniChic / St. John’s, NL
- DashAll / St. John’s, NL
- CalibreFour Technologies / St. John’s, NL
- Seaformatics Systems Inc. / St. John’s, NL
- AS Works / St. John’s, NL
- Empowered Homes / St. John’s, NL
Launch Cohort / Charlottetown
- Airbly Inc. / Charlottetown, PE
- King Ding Production Inc. / Charlottetown, PE
- Found / Charlottetown, PE
- Mighty Pebble Games / Charlottetown, PE
- TimeShifts / Charlottetown, PE
- Be Your Own Bartender / Charlottetown, PE
- Virtual Tour Guide / Charlottetown, PE
About Propel ICT
Propel ICT is a startup accelerator serving entrepreneurs throughout Atlantic Canada. It works with volunteer mentors and community partners throughout the region. To find out more, visit www.propelict.com or follow @PropelICT.
For more information:
VP Propel ICT M: 902-218-1000
@GillianMcCrae | @PropelICT www.propelict.com