Propel ICT, Atlantic Canada’s startup accelerator, kicked off its Launch and Build accelerators last week with 28 startups coming from New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, and Ontario.
Startup companies will participate in 12-weeks of intensive programming, with startup experts like Dom Coryell of GimmeGrowth (San Francisco), pitch coach Rachael Holmes (New York City), Greg Poirier and Jon McGinley of CloudKettle (Halifax), David Dufresne of Panache Ventures (Montreal), and others from across Atlantic Canada and North America.
Trevor MacAusland, Interim CEO of Propel ICT commented “We are excited to see the early stage startup community across Atlantic Canada continue to strengthen. The selected cohort includes some very strong candidates that are well positioned to take full-advantage of our programming. We’re starting to see Launch startups that have early signs of revenue and Build companies with significant customer bases already in place.”
For over 10 years, Propel ICT has been fueling growth across Atlantic Canada’s growing startup community, delivering mentorship, training and networking opportunities through its Launch, Build and Growth accelerator programs.
The Launch program supports entrepreneurs during the early stages of starting a technology driven business, with focus on validating their value proposition, building and testing a minimum viable product (MVP), and gaining traction with early customers. The Launch program will run in three cities at community partner locations - in Fredericton, New Brunswick at Planet Hatch, in Halifax, Nova Scotia at Volta and in St. John’s, NL at Common Ground.
The Build program is designed specifically for more advanced startups with market traction. Held in Moncton, New Brunswick at Venn Innovation, Build helps companies build repeatable sales models, strengthen their teams, and create frameworks for scaling people, processes and systems.
Announcing the Fall 2017 cohorts:
Launch cohort in Fredericton, NB
- Cradle Technology Design (Charlottetown, PE), Cradletechdesign.ca – BioTech
- Proofific (Fredericton, NB), Proofific.com– Workflow Automation
- Newpy (Saint John, NB), Newpyapp.com– Online Marketplace
- Night Puck Technology Inc. (Saint John, NB), Nightpuck.ca – Sports Tech
- Parental Marketplace, Parentalmarketplace.com (Rothesay, NB) – Online Marketplace
- Passiv (Fredericton, NB), Getpassiv.com – FinTech
- Unicare Home Health Care Inc. (Miramichi, NB), Unicarehealthcare.ca – HealthTech
Launch cohort in Halifax, NS:
- HiveTrade, Hivetrade.io - FinTech
- SeaSmart Technologies, Seasmarttechnologies.com – IoT
- Skyline, Theskyline.io– AI & IoT
- Virtus VR, Virtusvrs.com – VR/AR/MR
- UpFront Tickets - Blockchain
Launch Cohort in St. John’s, NL
- ABA Access Inc, Abaaccess.com- EdTech
- AndesVR, Andesvr.com - VR
- BlueBrick Design & Development, Bluebricklearning.com - EdTech
- CoLab Software, Colabsoftware.com – Workflow Automation
- Creatros, Creatros.ca - AI
- Cyno, Cyno.ca - HealthTech
- Hashtag Tutors, Hashtagtutors.com- EdTech
- Proximas Technologies, Getcamina.com- Mobile
- SafeAlert, Safealertapplication.com- Mobile
- Zambara Inc, Zambara.net- FinTech
Build cohort in Moncton, NB
- Guild, Getguild.co – Bedford, NS
- SomaDetect, Somadetect.com– Fredericton, NB
- Securicy, Securicy.com – Sydney, NS
- SnapSuite.io, Snapsuite.io – Toronto, ON
- TripNinja, Tripninja.io– Halifax, NS
About Propel ICT
Propel ICT is Atlantic Canada’s startup accelerator, serving entrepreneurs throughout all four provinces. Propel works with volunteer mentors and community partners throughout the region. Since 2004, 200 companies have graduated from one of Propel ICT’s programs. Alumni include companies like Analyze Re, who recently exited; St. John’s-based HeyOrca who closed $2M in funding May, 2017; and Fredericton-based Resson Aerospace who raised US$11M in 2016. To learn more, visit propelict.com or follow @propelict.
For more information contact: