The Pond-Deshpande Centre, with co-sponsorship from the NBIF, and in collaboration with New Brunswick partners, is delighted to coordinate affordable travel to the International Startup Festival / le festival international du startup for New Brunswickers who are part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Thanks to Launch36, Startup East Tshirts will be provided to all bus passengers.
Startupfest is a 3-day event on the business of startups held in the historic Old Port of Montreal. Happening July 10-12, 2013, it brings together aspiring founders, groundbreaking innovators and veteran entrepreneurs from around the world to share thoughts, do business and have a lot of fun.
- Learn something new – We’ve got some awesome speakers and workshops lined up to teach you all you’ve ever wanted to know about entrepreneurship. Startupfest zooms in on every stage of the startup lifecycle from “back of the napkin” ideas to champagne-popping exits.
- Get inspired – Inspirations is around every corner at Startupfest. Discover new technology and sit in on stimulating keynotes and panels, or just attend the Tent Expo and have a chat with your industry idols!
- Meet somebody – Startupfest is full of networking opportunities to help you make lasting connections and get you to that deal-closing handshake. Take a walk through the Tent Expo to meet an innovator, a mentor, an investor, and maybe even your next co-founder!
- Have fun – Forget those old boring business conferences, Startupfest celebrates entrepreneurship in a fun and festive atmosphere. Grab a drink and enjoy Canada’s culture capital!
How do you get to Startup Fest:
Follow the 3-STEP PROCESS CAREFULLY below to be sure you have registered fortransportation and accommodation and tickets. Then you’ll be on your way!
Travel will be by Trius Motorcoach (with air conditioning and washroom) to Montreal. Departure will be on July 10 at 6 am sharpfrom the Student Union Building, UNB-Fredericton Campus. Travelers must register to travel by bus. To register, please go to this link: BUS EVENTBRITE.
Use this Eventbrite link (for only our NB Bus passengers) to register and receive a discount (first 2 ticket types) for your EVENTBRITE STARTUP FEST TICKET.
Step Three-Book your hotel.
A few hotels are offering preferential rates for StartupFest participants:
- Hotel Travelodge Montreal Centre – Festival participant rate of $97/night or $107/weekend – code: STARTUP (As of May 30, re discussions with manager, please call the hotel directly to reserve your room and mention Startup 2013 to see if youmight be able to get a slightly further reduced rate-tell them you are with the “UNB Group”
- Delta Centre-Ville – Festival participant rate of $119/night. Book here.
- Holiday Inn Montreal Midtown – Festival participant rate (Code SUP.) Tuesday to Saturday night for $129/night. Book here.
- Hostel Montreal Central – Festival participants get a discount of 20%.
Where do you go for information and questions:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: 506 451-6826